I’m a bit behind on this report, so my apologies. Life has thrown me a few curve balls in recent weeks, but we’re doing our best to stay at the plate.
The web site has had a facelift. We really haven’t had a web site since we restarted Moebius Adventures back in 2013 and have been using the blog as the front page. I decided it was time to spruce things up a bit – and it’s a work in progress.
But if you head over to moebiusadventures.com you’ll see a new look. And there’s a link to the blog from there now.
I’m still in the process of migrating things over to the new site – product pages will all be moved over eventually. But for now you can see an example with the LPC Fantasy Names IV page. I hope to get everything set up over the next few months.
Let me know what you think!
February saw the release of two new products – Insta-NPCs #8: Bandits! and LPC Fantasy Names IV. Both have been fairly well received (28 copies of Bandits and 12 of Fantasy Names IV since their release).
- Endzeitgeist, on Insta-NPCs #3: Scum and Villainy, Inc. – “As a means of getting the creative juices flowing, this pdf is indeed a nice catalyst and is fully functional… Hence, while not in any way shape or form bad, especially due to the low price, I will settle on a final verdict of 4 stars for a good, useful tool.” He also offers some great food for thought on improvements in the next version. (Full review is here.)
- Kai P, on Insta-NPCs #1: Motivation, Attitude, and Appearance – “…The fact that the third of the tables sports 100 entries ensures that it will take a while till your roles lead to repetitive results since we are talking about 20.000 possible combinations here. If you consider the small sales prices, once cannot has a hard time to claim that it would have been cheaper to put down the list yourself.” (Full review is on our DriveThruRPG reviews page here.)
- And Steven P, on Insta-NPCs #7: Damsels in Distress – “Highly recommended for GMs who are looking to generate “distressed damsels” for their adventures!” (Full review is on the product page at d20pfsrd’s store here.)
The Insta-NPCs series continues to be the most well received of all the Moebius Adventures products so far, with more than 1,000 downloads (70% of those being the freebie).
Our total downloads for the month from DriveThru, RPGNow, Paizo, d20pfsrd, and Selz came to 205. OneBookShelf (DriveThru & RPGNow & their affiliiates) amounted to 73% of the sales total. Paizo got 22% of the pie. And the rest was divided among Selz and d20pfsrd. And of the 205 downloads, about 25% were freebies, which is amazing.
For 2015 so far we’re at about 350 downloads, which is about 10% of 2014’s total. So thank you friends for downloading Moebius products!!
And shockingly we’re still in the black for 2015 – with income staying slightly ahead of expenses. Expenses these days are mostly my subscriptions to Adobe InDesign and Dollar Photo Club. But March saw a few purchases of stock art for some new projects. So we’ll see how that all goes!
Traffic continues to be a mystery. According to StatCounter, the blog had 1,005 page views and 710 unique visits. That’s down slightly from January’s 992/783. And the website has had a handful of hits, but I think it will take a while to catch up with the blog in terms of web footprint.
Our top five pages for the month were:
- Ten NPCs You Bump Into In A Crowded Tavern (http://blog2.moebiusadventures.com/2014/03/24/ten-npcs-you-bump-into-in-a-crowded-tavern/)
- Insta-NPCs #8: Bandits! (http://blog2.moebiusadventures.com/insta-npcs/insta-npcs-8-bandits/)
- Ten Hooks for Things in the Dark (http://blog2.moebiusadventures.com/2014/04/07/10-hooks-for-things-in-the-dark/)
- Deep Dive, LPC Fantasy Names I (http://blog2.moebiusadventures.com/2015/02/16/deep-dive-lpc-fantasy-names-i/)
- Does Your Villain Have What It Takes? (http://blog2.moebiusadventures.com/2014/05/19/does-your-villain-have-what-it-takes/)
What does March bring?
The GM’s Day Sales at DriveThru and d20pfsrd are on now through next week, so be sure to check those out. That’s been a nice boost to sales in the last couple of years for us.
And there’s some work in the queue that is a collaboration with Vince Florio of the Roll For Initiative Podcast. But I’ll let you know more about that when I can say more. 🙂
Plus the usual suspects – hopefully a new Little Spaces and more Insta-NPCs are on the horizon.
Thanks as always for staying in the loop with Moebius Adventures! Feel free to reach out with any concerns or questions and I’ll be happy to chat!