As December comes to a close and January raises its head signifying the start of a new year, I’m left wondering where 2015 went!
Let’s start with the positive:
- We started producing ADVENTURES again, which was exciting and had some great reaction in the marketplace. I started working with Vince Florio of Wild Games Productions on those and we had some great collaboration on three products.
- We participated in AetherCon for the second year in a row and we had two firsts – running our first convention game and running our first game over the Internet.
- We rebooted the Moebius Adventures website (thanks to a lot of work by Bill Moran), rolling the blog into the main site and giving the whole thing a more modern look and feel.
- We managed to begin bundling our products with some of the great maps from DramaScape, which I hope to continue in the future. (See the first Crossover product for an example.)
- And we have started a new effort with Keith Byers (who played in that first convention game) to explore some new options on the blog and beyond.
That said, it was definitely not as good a year as 2014 numbers-wise…
- Productivity was down. We only released 8 products (we released nearly 30 in 2014): Insta-NPCs: Bandits!, LPC Fantasy Names IV, The Snake’s Heart, Serpents Below, The Purple Lotus, Insta-NPCs: Cults and Cultists, Insta-NPCs: Caveat Emptor, and Insta-NPCs Crossover: Medieval Market.
- Web traffic took a huge tumble from more than 30,000 page views in 2014 to about 15,000 in 2015.
- Downloads dropped from more than 3000 in 2014 to 1700 in 2015.
- And income dropped a dramatic 30% as well.
I’m not deterred however. We have a lot to look forward to in 2016:
- A renewed plan and a publishing schedule I hope to stick to over the next 12 months. Three products each quarter if everything works.
- A better approach to each product, ensuring that they will not only be fun to write but have a better sense of break even.
- Ultimately: More consistency.
What do YOU have to look forward to?
- Mazes & Perils
- Gifts for All Worlds
- Set Pieces (new product line): Treasure, Blades, and more
- Revenge of the Serpent Queen
- More Little Spaces
- Dukura’s Infinite Tower
- Little Things (new product line): Tentacles, Eyes, and more
- More Insta-NPCs
- And some Spark!
It’s a lot to tackle, but I think we’re up to the challenge!
While you wait for some of those things to come to fruition, I hope you have a wonderful start to 2016 and you have great times at your game tables!