Greetings from the loop!
What did we do in September?
Good question. It went by in a flash! No new products in September, but we worked hard to finish The Holy Knight and wrote a ton of bonus content for it on the blog.
In fact, the blog featured a bunch of things…
- I wrote a bit about some ideas I have for an Illusionist class for M&P, threw a weird idea out there for a World of Void and Light to explore, and wrote about a cannibal tribe waiting to meet your visiting party…
- We talked a bit about our numbers for August in the Infinity Loop.
- Keith chimed in with some interesting ideas to explore beyond the game table with a Camping challenge.
- And I wrote a ton about the Holy Knight:
That’s ten posts with some new content to contemplate! It was a good month!
UPDATE: I forgot something!
Alan Bahr @ The Last Paladin had some nice things to say – “It’s a game that shifted my views on OSR, and now I’m eager to go back and see if I can find other ones I like. It’s always pleasant to find your viewpoints challenged and grow a bit, and realize you were wrong.” Read the rest of the review here.
What’s up next?
More of the same! This month we have a couple of class books for Mazes & Perils we’re working on and a follow-up for The Holy Knight:
- The Holy Knight – a new class that combines some aspects of Clerics with those of the Fighting Man – releasing October 4, 2016
- The Charlatan – a new class that takes the Thief and gives him some new magical abilities – first draft completed this month and work continues
- The Holy Knight Home Study Guide – a book that collects information about the various undead a HK may encounter – this will be featured in blog posts in October and released as a product on Halloween!
We’ll get the Charlatan out to you by the end of the year and keep chugging away on new content in the meantime. I have a long list of ideas to explore and Vince and Keith both do as well!
Plus, I want to point out the new Moebius Adventures Store.
What? You didn’t notice that sneak in? Well, I’m working with Bill (who did the Moebius website redesign a few months ago) on doing some better marketing and presentation of Moebius Adventures products. One big piece of that was offering a direct-to-YOU way to get products out. So we’re retiring the old product pages and rolling in the new way of doing things.
Pardon our dust. 🙂
That said, you’ll still be able to get our products at all the usual places – but if you pay attention here and subscribe to the newsletter, you will get some cool bonuses. For example, we offered a pre-order of The Holy Knight that included The Holy Knight Home Study Guide as a freebie earlier this month. The newsletter has also had a makeover and will feature occasional coupons and other goodies over time.
So sign up for the newsletter!
What about the traffic?
This month we’re just tracking the traffic for the main site and considering the old blog defunct.
- New site – 779 page views, 613 unique visits, 524 first time visits, and 89 returning visits.
- Last month –1030 page views, 766 unique visits, 578 first time visits, and 188 returning visits.
Still falling off a bit, but I’m not worried. We have some new things coming in October which may spice things up a bit!
And what about sales?
September 2016 is the first month in a very long time (last time was May 2015) that we have had paid sales in three stores. We sold copies of Moebius products at DriveThru/RPGNow, Paizo, and the Open Gaming Store this month. And that puts a big grin on my face. 🙂
We only had 98 downloads, but that pushes us over 2000 for the year. As of the end of September we hit 2,017 downloads for the year. That’s 115% of 2015’s total and about 60% of 2014. 2014 was our best year so far for Moebius, but 2016 is shaping up to beat it handily, so I’m excited.
Of the paid products, Mazes & Perils, its associated classes, and our adventures are doing really well. Howling Mines is over 20 copies sold now and Mazes & Perils Deluxe is creeping up on 500 copies slowly.
If you have grabbed a copy of any Moebius Adventures products in the last few months, we’d love to hear from you. Write a review. Give us a rating. Drop us an e-mail with suggestions on how to make our stuff better! Ultimately we’d like to know what you liked and what you didn’t!
We’re still here! Thanks to all of you who visit the website and continue to buy our products, so thank you!
We hope your August was full of great gaming and your September is too!