First released in 2012, MnP drew a line on the map of OSR retroclones as something easy to pick up and play where your heroes weren’t superheroes. There are no superpowers here. Fighters have swords and armor. Clerics have their faith. Thieves skulk in the shadows seeking better items to steal. And Magic-Users sling magics at their foes until it runs out. This style of gaming is about grit and wit – and if you die, it must be time to roll up a new character.
The original version won Gold at the Ennies in 2013, but is no longer available for download.
Now in 2016, we started working on a new version of MnP – with some new classes, new spells, new optional rules, and a new look! Mazes & Perils Deluxe offers everything you liked about the original with a new coat of paint and a few new tools in the toolbox!
New bits include:
- New Class – The Enchanter – along with 20+ new spells in his arsenal
- New Class – The Shaman – along with nearly 20 new spells of his own
- Rules for Variable Damage for Weapons and Variable Hit Dice
- New layout, more art, and plenty of editing
- 75 pages of gaming goodness!
This wiki offers information about the basic classes and rules for the game.
Ready for more?