May 2015 is over. Hard to believe. I’m not quite sure where 2015 is going in such a hurry.
What I do know is that the numbers for Moebius Adventures are tumbling a bit, and that’s largely because it was again not the most productive month on record, not to mention the fact that I was slammed by home and work so I was a bit distracted. Having a family and a job does that sometimes, or so I hear. 😉
I never did get a crazy sale out for my birthday this year, so maybe we’ll have one around July 4th – Independence Day – instead. I’ll keep you posted!
What We Got Done
And the web traffic for the main site also dropped off a bit (141 page views in April to 104 in May and 119 unique visits in April to 86 in May). I’m hopeful that with some web page updates and a bit of elbow grease we can improve numbers for June.
Our top five articles were:
- Toss Out Alignment Entirely and Try This…
- Starting a Lost Age Campaign…
- Want to earn some Brownie Points with your GM?
- 10 Hooks for Things in the Dark
- They Came From the Lake – An Introduction
Sales and Such
This is where we took the biggest hit this month. We went from 220 total downloads in April 2015 to 130 in May 2015. That’s a drop of nearly 10%. Of those downloads…
- 80% of them were through OneBookShelf (DriveThruRPG, RPGNow, and their other affiliates)
- 20% was through Paizo (all freebies except for one)
As far as individual titles, our top 4 for the month of May were:
- The Purple Lotus – A Lost Age Adventure ($$)
- Insta-NPCs #0: A Simple Plan (free)
- Open Spaces: In the Fields (free)
- One Spot #0: Hand’s Goods (free)
For 2015 so far we’re at 942 downloads. This is way down from last year – only about 1/3 the total in 2014. So I really need to figure out some better marketing techniques – and stat!
Just like last month, I’m still having a ton of fun even if my productivity has dropped, so thank you for continuing to support our efforts!
Stay tuned for more adventures and more creativity tools and may you have another great month of gaming!!